The sun is starting to shine, the days are getting longer, and it’s finally warmer after a long, cold winter.
All of which can only mean one thing – summer cocktail season is just around the corner and yes, here at IWOOT we just can’t wait!
Looking for some refreshing drinks to make at home to entertain friends and family in the garden? We’ve got you covered with five easy summer cocktail recipes. Get ready to shake, shake, shake baby!
Where better to start than with a classic frozen margarita, which is arguably king of all the summer cocktails and will deliver that all important chill factor.
25ml lime juice
20ml triple sec
1. Fill your blender with ice, and pour in your tequila, lime juice and triple sec.
2. Blitz until smooth.
3. Prepare your glass by rubbing a wedge of lime along the rim, then dipping it into salt.
4. Pour the mixture in, pop a lime wedge on the rim, sip away and enjoy.
An absolute favourite, the pornstar martini is the perfect summer cocktail thanks to all the zingy flavours that burst out with the passion fruit flavouring.
60ml vanilla vodka
15ml lime juice
15ml sugar syrup
Prosecco to serve
Halved ripe passion fruits
1. Pour in the vanilla vodka, passoa, lime juice and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add a handful of ice and shake well.
3. Strain the mixture into glasses – ideally martini ones if you have them.
4. Add a halved ripe passion fruit on top for a garnish. This step isn’t necessary though if you struggle to get your hands on them.
5. Serve each drink with a shot glass filled with prosecco.
It just isn’t summer without a pitcher of Pimm’s, something you can get ready in advance which will keep your party going and glasses topped up.
1. Fill a large jug with ice. Pour in the Pimm’s and lemonade.
2. Give it all a good stir and add in the fruit. What we suggested above works nicely, but chuck in anything you fancy really!
3. Serve in glasses with even more fruit if you want and enjoy.
A classic cocktail which never disappoints, you can also make it your own by adding more mint to make it extra fresh, or a hint of fruit such as mango.
60ml white rum
15ml lime juice
1tsp granulated sugar
Handful of mint leaves
1. Pop the mint leaves, lime juice and sugar into a small jug. Muddle away until everything is all crushed and blended.
2. Pour this mixture into a tall glass and add ice.
3. Add in the rum, pouring it over the mixture. Top up with soda water and stir with a long spoon.
4. Garnish with some extra mint leaves and enjoy.
Bring the taste of Italian summer to your garden at home with a simple Aperol spritz – easy to make, but super tasty!
1. Pop a couple of cubes of ice into a glass. Pour in the Aperol and prosecco.
2. Give it all a good stir and pour in the soda – can add more in if needed.
3. Garnish with an orange slice and serve.