It’s not only a Friday, but it is also National Tequila Day which means only one thing – it’s cocktail time!
That’s right, the 24th July is dedicated to that sharp spirit that works beautifully as a shot with a dash of salt and a wedge of lime.
And how better to celebrate than by stirring up a storm and making some delicious tequila based cocktails. That’s right – it’s tequila time!
Where better to start than with a classic margarita, which is arguably king of all the tequila cocktails.
And for an extra fun twist, which is perfect for a hot sunny day, you can add extra ice and give all the ingredients a spin in a blender for a frozen margarita.
25ml lime juice
20ml triple sec
1. Fill your cocktail shaker with ice, and pour in your tequila, lime juice and triple sec.
2. Shake, shake baby!
3. Prepare your glass by rubbing a wedge of lime along the rim, then dipping it into salt. Add some ice to the glass.
4. Strain the mixture in, pop a lime wedge on the rim, sip away and enjoy.
Not only is this cocktail beautiful to look at and incredibly refreshing, but it is also easy to mix up too and achieve that layered effect.
Also if you don’t have a cocktail shaker to hand no fear as this can be done without one!
100ml orange juice
1. Fill a tall glass with ice, pour in the orange juice and tequila. Stir well.
2. Slowly pour in the grenadine around the inside edge of the glass, allowing it to sink, creating those layers.
3. Garnish with a cocktail cherry, and maybe pop a cheeky cocktail umbrella in there too if you fancy it. Serve and enjoy.
Long Island Iced Tea
Okay so we know this cocktail has a lot more alcohol in it than just tequila, but is is one of our favourite ones so we couldn’t not include it on this list.
Also if you are celebrating the day with friends or family, why not make a whole jug for everyone to enjoy.
15ml vodka (vanilla if possible)
15ml triple sec
15ml lime juice
Lime wedges to garnish
1. Prepare a tall glass by filling with ice.
2. Pour all the alcoholic ingredients and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with some ice and shake away.
3. Strain into a glass, top up with the cola and garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!