LEGO Technic: Liebherr R 9800 (42100)
You Save: £110.00
Usually dispatched within 24 hours
4 instalments of £72.49 with clearpay
6 weekly payments from £48.33 with laybuy
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
Build and explore this remarkable LEGO® Technic™ reproduction of one of the world’s most impressive hydraulic excavators, the Liebherr R 9800. Developed in partnership with Liebherr, this replica model is controlled via the LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and comes with an array of advanced app-controlled features and functions that put you in complete control.
Choose from 4 different screens with cool graphics that add to the super-realistic play experience. Drive forward, reverse, steer via individual track control, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, and open and tilt the bucket at the touch of a fingertip. Select an on-screen drag pattern for the boom and see it respond to your command.
Use pre-set commands or record the excavator's actions to create complex sequences of movements, then turn up the authenticity with real Liebherr R 9800 sound effects—all from the comfort of your smart device!
And when you're ready, you can test out your skills in the app's challenges and achievement section—how many reward badges can you collect? This high-fidelity replica is packed with true-to-life, brick-built details, such as hydraulic tubing and pumps, cooling vents, a fire extinguisher system and a detailed operator’s cab with seat, joystick and control panel. A classic colour scheme with intricate sticker detailing adds the finishing touch to this magnificent LEGO construction toy for kids and grown-ups.
- This excavator model features the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app for a more immersive and realistic play experience and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is operated via a smart device with 4 alternative control screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket and get model feedback, such as boom and superstructure position, power usage and drive distance.
- One-touch control: Select an on-screen drag pattern and see the excavator respond to your command.
- Custom-built movements: Use pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator with an array of true-to-life features and functions, finished with an authentic colour scheme and cool sticker detailing.
- Includes 3 XL Motors, 4 L Motors and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart Hubs.
- Smart Hubs feature Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- The app allows users to connect to multiple hubs, ensuring precise and true-to-life movements.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents' permission before going online.
- This excavator toy requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This LEGO® Technic™ construction toy introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering.
- Not compatible with the Power Functions systems.
- Liebherr R 9800 Excavator measures over 15” (39cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 10” (27cm) wide.
- Warning: Not suitable for children under the age of 3 years due to small parts which could cause a choking hazard.
Top Customer Reviews
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.
I have really enjoyed building this set not quite finished it yet due to one missing piece. Overall really enjoyable
Great lego build
This is a great, ( Large As Well ) build, just a couple of niggles with a part missing but lego replaced promptly, and had to upgrade my phone to operate it when complete, should have read the blurb before I bought it, would recommend this site to anyone looking to buy Lego
Excellent set, takes a long time but very rewarding and will have fun playing with it.
Lego Technic 42100
Received parcel today, was well packaged and is in great condition. Am looking forward to starting on it on the weekend
Daunting to start but once into the build it was great. Took me 11 days but I really enjoyed it. All the parts were there Over 4,000 Instructions were very good and it all worked well from the App on the phone. Recommend it.
I took some of that little bit of time I have to unwind after a work day to sort, build, and admire those page-specific micro-builds that make up the larger builds that go into building the fantastic Liebherr R 9800. This was a build to savour so I took my time and with a view of my garden to intermittently take my eyes away from the intricate and impressive logic that went into designing this machine I made it half-way. I'm happy to say there's more joy of the build to come in the next week and maybe even the week after. I love this long build time and I don't want it to end. It's so enthralling I try to imagine being the supervisor, engineer, mechanic and technician on my factory floor. It's a joy.
Will be building this model very soon.
A fantastic purchase, priced better than everywhere else I looked. It is a demanding build, but with a bit of patience well worth it. Great it can be operated via your smartphone. I would recommend this to anyone.
Great set, well worth the money. Bit of a wait to receive it but was worth it. Apps to control it easy to set up and the test runs during the build went well. Looks great and fun to play with. Recommend you add this set to your collection.
Hours of building fun
I bought this for my husband and he loved it . Completed it in 3 weeks (a few hours a day ) . Highly recommend and complex build for people who enjoy Lego. Once complete the app works really well to control the movements of the digger .