Introductory Helicopter Lesson
Average connection time 25 secs
Average connection time 25 secs
Hovering in a helicopter for the first time is a unique and thrilling sensation that everyone should experience. Climb aboard and reach for the sky in this magnificent piece of machinery. Your flying lesson will enable you to gain hands-on experience of the only aircraft that goes backwards and sideways as well as forwards. You will be guided by a Civil Aviation Authority qualified instructor throughout.
- One-to-one training from a CAA licensed instructor in a two-seater aircraft
- Introductory briefing on helicopter controls and safety
- One flight of 20 to 25 minutes in a 2-seater helicopter during which the student takes the controls
- Experience gift pack
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Your flying lesson will start with a briefing from your instructor before the flight of approximately 20 to 25 minutes. This will cover safety, and an introduction to some of the controls. Then it’s off to the helicopter to climb aboard and strap in. You will be given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control, and so that you can talk with your instructor. Once in the air, you will be able to take the controls but your pilot will generally undertake the take-off and landing.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
Please note you must have booked and taken your experience before the expiry date
- Minimum age: 14
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 2in
- Maximum weight: 14 to 18 stone (depending on location and helicopter)
- The above are only guidelines and may differ by location. Please check at the time of booking
- You should not take part if you suffer from epilepsy, vertigo or are pregnant
- Spectators are welcome to wait at the airfield while you take your flight
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Helicopter flying lessons take place all year round and are normally available on any day of the week depending on location.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on the voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow approximately 1 hour for the whole experience. The flight, from taxi to landing, will last approximately 20 to 25 minutes, depending on location.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
- Gloucestershire – Cheltenham
- Buckinghamshire – Marlow
- Kent – Headcorn
- Cambridgeshire – Cambridge
- Greater Manchester – Manchester
- Tyne & Wear – Newcastle
- Scotland – Aberdeen
- Wales – Powys
- Wales – Swansea
- Northamptonshire – Sywell
- Nottinghamshire – Nottingham
- Nottinghamshire – Loughborough
- Herefordshire – Leominster
- Warwickshire – Wellesbourne
- Warwickshire – Coventry
Please Note: If you’re purchasing a NEW Experience you will be entitled to the validity stated within this description. If/when you are within 3 months of the voucher expiry date and there are still restrictions in place, Virgin Experience Days are offering free extensions to allow the customer to use at a later date. They are reviewing this regularly in line with Government advice and updates.
There are currently no reviews.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher.