Remote Control Solar Car
Have fun in the sun with this RC Solar Car!
This chunky little car by Thumbs Up is proof that the RC world has finally caught up with the green movement. Instead of being powered by electricity or expensive-to-replace batteries, it’s cleverly designed to run on sunshine! Yes, there’s a solar panel set into the car’s rooftop that charges its built-in rechargeable battery and, in turn, powers the car. So, as well as being a great way to learn about renewable energy, you’ll never need to pay out for pricey packs of replacement batteries again!
But what’s really innovative about the Solar Car is that its controller is charged by the sun too. Just plug it into the jack on the back bumper and it’ll charge up via the rooftop solar panel, just like the car itself does! Plus, charging aside, it’s a really neat way to store the control pad when the car’s not in use.
Wondering what to do with your Solar Car on a cloudy day? Well, because we appreciate that British weather is predictably unpredictable, it comes with its very own USB charging cable too. Simply connect it to the underside of the car and plug it into the mains for an old-school power boost whenever the sun’s in hiding.
- RC solar powered toy car
- Economical - absolutely no batteries required!
- Solar panel on the car’s rooftop converts sunlight into the green energy needed to charge the internal battery and power the car
- Remote control panel also charges via the solar panel – simply plug it into the jack on the back bumper and it’ll charge in the same way the car does
- Two charging modes: Solar or USB charging (cable included)
- Approx Sun Exposure: 30 mins = 5 mins power, 1 hour = 10 mins power, 2 hours = 15 mins power
- Approx USB Charge: 1 hour = 20 mins play
- Remote Control enables forward/reverse and left/right steering
- Recommended for ages 8+
- Full instructions included
- Dimensions: 28 x 17 x 16.5cm
- Weight: 670kg
Delivery & Returns
How long will it take to arrive?
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher