Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie Nintendo DS
FREE next day delivery. Use code NEXTDAY50
FREE next day delivery on all orders over £50. Use code NEXTDAY50 at the checkout.
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie is the Nintendo DS remake of a SNES turn-based role-playing title which was published in Japan in 1995. This is the sixth instalment in a long running popular series and the third being remade for Nintendo DS. It is not necessary to have played previous games in order to enjoy the story of Dragon Quest VI.
The player takes the role of the protagonist, a village boy that is on a quest to defeat Murdaw an evil being that is threatening the world, along the way completing optional quests given by people in need of help. The player can talk to the members of his own party to get clues on where to go next or to read different comments on the current situation, while better understanding the personality of each party member. Thus while the player can try to complete the main storyline he can become involved with other people’s smaller scale stories in the game; for example, helping an old man to tame a wild horse so that it can be used to pull a wagon. This also gives the game bite-sized elements, which is well suited to the portable nature of the Nintendo DS system.
The main story takes place in two different worlds, the World of Dreams and the Real World and the player is not aware at first of which world is the real one.
- Nintendo DS remake of a classic SNES role-playing game never before translated and exported out of Japan.
- Play in two different worlds and solve the mystery that links them.
- Level up characters and master multiple vocations to make them more powerful.
- Recruit a group of slimes and also a lizard monster to fight as members of the player’s party and participate in the special slime tournaments in Slimopolis.
- Play at the Casino or with the Slime curling mini-game using the Stylus in pubs and inns in various cities
- Each character has seven attributes which influence his efficiency in battles. These attributes increase through experience gained in battle, and are as follows: Strength, Agility, Resilience, Wisdom, Style, Attack and Defense.
- During the course of the game, the player will gain the ability to change vocations for their characters, in order to have them specialise in specific skills. Later in the game, some more advanced vocations can be unlocked by mastering different basic vocations. Characters gain points toward mastering a vocation by battling powerful foes.
- This is the first game of the series in which a "style" attribute is associated to items and characters. The fashion show is a new addition to the remake that awards the player’s style choices and during battles certain enemies can remain stunned by a character with a particularly high Style value at random.
Delivery & Returns
Express Delivery - if ordered before 8pm, delivered by courier next working day. More Info »
How long will it take to arrive?
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is: In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Please remember to add postal time (3-5 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
There are currently no reviews.