Kid Icarus: Uprising Nintendo 3DS
One of the most beloved franchises in Nintendo’s long history makes its glorious return in spectacular 3D! Pit of Kid Icarus fame is back in a new game designed specifically for the Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS, by Masahiro Sakurai, creator of the Kirby and Super Smash Bros. franchises, and his development team at Project Sora.
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a fast-paced and action-packed blend of aerial and ground-based shooting built on elegantly intuitive and streamlined play control. This follow-up to the original Kid Icarus – released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1987 – has been at the top of gamers’ wish lists for years.
Boasting gameplay that is easy to pick up but incredibly deep, the game is sure to satisfy novice gamers as well as fans who have been clamouring for a new instalment in the franchise.
The hero, Pit, teams up with Palutena, the goddess of light, who bestows on him the miracle of flight for limited stretches. With this gift, Pit soars through the skies, shooting down swarms of enemies, then alights and engages in frantic ground-based battles against Medusa’s underworld army.
Find and collect numerous weapons and items that offer bonuses and ability boosts. Players can choose weapons before they send Pit into battle, giving them countless layers of strategies in each level.
Players can choose between a basic Blade, basic Claws and a basic Orbitar weapon. Blades are well-balanced, Claws have limited reach but increase running speed and the Orbitars can shoot two shots that grow in power over distance.
- Pit is unable to fly on his own, but upon receiving the “Power of Flight” from Palutena, he can soar swiftly through the skies for about five minutes at a time. After each stage’s initial air battle, Pit enters into ground-based skirmishes.
- While Pit is battling in the air, the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter. Yet when he’s facing enemies on land, it handles like a third-person shooter. Throughout the sprawling adventure, players gather numerous distinctive weapons and collect treasures.
- Beyond the deep single-player adventure, Kid Icarus: Uprising also offers a thrilling and unique take on multiplayer battles. Two teams battle against each other, whittling away their point totals as each team member is defeated. When one team loses all its points, the last member defeated is revived as the powerful Angel Pit. If the other team can track him down and defeat him, they will win the match, introducing a new ebb-and-flow dynamic to multiplayer battles.
- The game includes AR Card compatibility. Using the built-in 3D camera on the Nintendo 3DS system, the game recognizes countless specially designed AR Cards, with animated game characters popping up in 3D on the game screen and even battling each other when two cards face off.
- The game’s simple, intuitive play control has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting. Their left thumb on the Circle Pad controls Pit’s movements, and the L Button fires ranged weapons and unleashes melee attacks. The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced manoeuvres. A special control option for left-handed players is also being prepared.
Delivery & Returns
How long will it take to arrive?
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
There are currently no reviews.