Sonos Play:5 Wireless Hifi Speaker System - Black
Free Lego key chain when you spend £50
Free Lego key chain when you spend £50 on selected electrical products
The Sonos Play:5 is the original music player for bigger rooms and bigger sound. Its 5 integrated speakers are powered by 5 digital amps for HiFi sound that rivals bigger systems. The Play:5 features 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range drivers and 1 subwoofer driver for powerful bass and rich sound.
Wirelessly stream millions of songs using online music services such as Spotify and Rhapsody, tune in to over 100,00 free Internet radio stations, or play your iTunes library.
Setup is simple, and there's the option to expand the system to other rooms and fill your home with music. The Sonos Bridge (sold seperately) wirelessly connects to your router, enabling you to wirelessly expand your sound system with additional Sonos players. SonosNet technology provides coverage around your home to ensure music is synchronised, with no echoes or delays.
Sonos Play:5 can be controlled via the free apps for Android smartphones, tablets, iPhone or iPad. With the free app you can search, browse, play music and control the volume of the Play:5 from the palm of your hand. If you have multiple players you can control the music playing in every room of your house with the Sonos Controllers. It's also possible to turn any PC or Mac into a Sonos Controller. - A.D.
- Huge HiFi sound - 5 speakers powered by 5 digital amps
- Stream your whole music library, music services and radio stations
- Simple to setup music player, control wirelessly
- Wireless Bridge (sold seperately) offers the option to expand the speaker system wirelessly around the house
- Amplifier: Five Class-D digital amplifiers.
- Headphone: Auto-detecting 3.5mm headphone connection. Play:5's integrated speakers mute when headphones are inserted.
- Speakers: Five driver speaker system – two tweeters, two 3” mid-range drivers, and one 3.5” woofer. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Stereo Pair Setting: Group two PLAY:5s in the same room with one PLAY:5 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Operating Systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac OS X v10.6 and higher; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Slacker® Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Audio Formats Supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Apple Airplay Music Sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay® music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® in any or every room of the home.Connect an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos player via line-in and stream songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® all over your home.
- Ethernet port: Connect the PLAY:3 to a wired home network or allow an Ethernet device to connect through Sonosnet
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Network bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel lights: Indicate player status and Mute status
- Top-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Multi-language support: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Package Contents: SONOS PLAY:5, power cord, line-in audio cable, flat Ethernet cable, QuickStart guide with Setup CD
- Weight: 4.15kg
- Dimensions: 217 x 365 x 123mm
Delivery & Returns
Express Delivery - if ordered before 9pm, delivered by courier next working day. More Info »
How long will it take to arrive?
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Customers who bought this also bought:
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher
Excellent Easy Great
Sonos Play: 5s just purchased two. They have to be the quickest, easiest install of speakers I have ever had. Wireless music can be controlled by my iPhone, my wife's windows phone, even my son's Hudle. We have have put the Christmas decorations up to Christmas music and we have them set to wake us up to radio 2 in the morning. They are are fab. Excellent quality and so easy.