U Record Music Converter
The U Record Music Converter is the must have gadget for any child born under the sign of 'cassette tape'. Simply plug this stylish silver box into your computer, hook up your cassette deck or record player and get ready to catapult your analogue music collection into the digital age. The software provided makes it easier than ever to transfer your music onto your computer, clean up those annoying hisses and import it onto iTunes (or any other music software you decide to use).
Having to buy all of your favourite albums every time somebody invents a new format can be a tedious, and more importantly, an expensive undertaking so we're more than grateful that products like the U Record Music Converter keep getting better and better as technology evolves.
- The U Record Music Converter is a bridge between the past and the future.
- The converter has a stereo line input so you can connect your record player, cassette deck, walkman, minidisk player (why weren't those popular?) - anything with a stereo or headphone output.
- The converter has 2 settings: phono and line in, so if your record player is older than you are you needn't worry.
- Includes EZ Vinyl (PC) & EZ Audio (MAC) converter software to transfer your tracks onto your computer to produce CDs and automatically import the tracks into your iTunes library.
- Includes Audacity to enhance your recordings by filtering out sound imperfections. It also separates tracks and exports your files.
- The converter is plug and play so there's no need to install any drivers.
- Powered by USB.
- Includes a USB Cable.
- Recommended for use with USB 2.0.
- Requires Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, 256MB of Ram, 250MB of hard drive space and a CD/DVD rom drive.
- Suitable for ages 12+
- Dimensions: 11.2 x 11.2 x 3cm
Delivery & Returns
How long will it take to arrive?
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
Write a review to be in with the chance to win a £100 voucher
A very useful device
I bought the U Record Music Convertor to convert records and cassettes, and this device has proved to be good value for money. It works well on a Mac too. Some computer knowledge is required to be able to set up the correct preferences for import and export of audio. Beware, you will need to have a mono plug to 2 phono cable to interface between the device and your music player, as this is not included with the device.
We have been using this piece of hardware to convert all our music from K7 supplied by our labels to mp3 format. Very easy to set up and very easy to use. most of music converted by U Record Music Convertor is sold on our web site (algerianmusic.com) the quality of the mp3 sample music on our player is at 92 bitrate the download music is at 192 bitrate. Very good quality no complain so far. Highly recommended.
Disappointing and overpriced
My girlfreind bought me this as a present recently. You get very basic hardware and software and if like me you do not use/like ITunes then the software becomes pretty pointless as it insists on exporting to ITunes after you have recorded. You do not seem to be able to change this as the software is that basic that there arent even any settings or tools menus. Its as simple as: Step1 - 'Press record when you are ready' Step2 - 'Name your track' Step3 - 'Export to ITunes' And thats it! The addition of Audacity is hardly a bonus either as this software has always been available as a FREE download from the Audacity website. Other manufacturers offer this same hardware at around £25, so i can not understand why this is so expensive as the software is definately not worth the extra £25. Very disapointing in my opinion. But, if you are abit of a technophobe and prefer things simplified, and you use ITunes then it should be pretty straight forward for you! I just think it is very overpriced.