Encounters in the Natural World brings together five stunning films from legendary filmmaker Werner Herzog. Featuring previously unseen, breathtaking scenery and wildlife, these films span the globe, from desert to jungle to tropical to frozen. They detail the rich tapestry of life on our planet and how we interact with it. There are moments of visual poetry and profound insight. And there is always humour. These films, like all of Werner Herzog's work, shine a light on the way we live in the world. And we are the better for it.
1. Encounters at the End of the World: Herzog ventures into the beautiful polar landscape of Antarctica, discovering the unique and previously unrecorded wildlife living there, and gains rare access to the hidden society of scientists who call this place home.
2. Grizzly Man: The acclaimed portrait of Timothy Treadwell, a charismatic bear enthusiast who lived amongst these powerful predators in remote parts of Alaska for thirteen summers, before succumbing to their ferocious nature.
3. The White Diamond: The visually stunning story of Graham Dorrington's quest to fly a custom-built airship over the rain forest canopies of Guyana, whilst battling to overcome the haunting memories of a similar expedition that ended tragically with the death of his friend.
4. La Soufrière: As a volcano is about to erupt on the island of Guadaloupe, all inhabitants flee for their lives, apart from one man who refuses to leave and accepts his fate at the hands of nature.
5. The Flying Doctors of East Africa: Herzog's stunning portrait of the flying doctors service of the African Medicinal Research Foundation, and the people who devote their lives to it.
|Number of Discs:||
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
Please see our returns policy.
There are currently no reviews.