Dark Star Blu-ray
John Carpenter's pulp science fiction classic - this brilliantly clever and funny parody of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, follows a warped intergalactic mission to blow up unstable planets. Four bored astronauts fill in time between missions catching up on their tans with the help of a sun-lamp, playing with a suspiciously plastic-looking alien mascot they are taking back to Earth and conversing with their female version of Hal. Things start to go horribly wrong when the spaceship computer misfires and a 'smart bomb' thinks it is God.
This all new Blu-ray edition has been sourced from an original 16 x 9 35mm theatrical print. The film was shot originally as 16mm, then blown up to 35mm for theatrical distribution. This new master has been subject to a new grade and extensive manual frame by frame digital restoration. This we believe is the finest presentation ever of this science fiction classic...
- Original Theatrical Version - 83 mins
- Original John Carpenter Director's Cut - 73 mins
- Let there be light: the odyssey of Dark Star - An all new, feature-length documentary exploring the controversial making of the John Carpenter (Halloween) and Dan O'Bannon (Alien) student film. Includes exclusive interviews with actor Brian Narelle, cinematographer Doug Knapp, art director Tommy Lee Wallace, visual effects artist Greg Jein, voice artist Cookie Knapp, film director Jack Harris, Diane O'Bannon, USC alumni director Jeff Burr, as well as archival interviews with John Carpenter and many more! Plus the final interview with Dan O'Bannon, Directed by Daniel Griffith 2010.
- Theatrical Trailer
- Stills Gallery
- Poster Gallery
- Lobby Card Gallery
- Cast and Crew Biographies
- CGI Menus
- Reversible sleeve with 3 original film poster covers
Delivery & Returns
How long will it take to arrive?
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
How will I know it has been sent?
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
Please see our returns policy.
There are currently no reviews.