To add to the excitement of the summer holidays, we’ve got some great new SUCK UK products here at IWOOT. So we’ve decided to make a biscuit display perfect for (inevitable) rainy days this summer and kids birthday parties all year round! We will be using our new 3D Space Cookie Cutters and Edible Eyes for a display that will help imaginations run wild into a galaxy far, far away!
350g softened butter
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
Chocolate : substitute 50g plain flour for 50g cocoa powder.
Lemon and Blueberry : Add lemon zest and chopped dried blueberries to the mixture.
White Chocolate Dipped : Melt white chocolate in a glass bowl over boiling water (make sure the water and bowl are not touching). Dip the cool biscuits into the melted white chocolate. Leave to chill in the fridge before constructing your 3D structures.
1. Preheat your oven – 180°C Fan / 160°C Gas / Gas Mark 4
2. Mix the caster sugar and softened butter in a large bowl. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and continue to stir. Use a sieve to add the flour and bind, first with a wooden spoon and then with your hands!
3. Lightly dust your kitchen surface, rolling pin and cookie cutters with flour to make sure they don’t stick! Place your ball of dough onto the surface and roll out until the mixture is evenly spread.
4. Carefully place your shapes onto a baking tray – make sure they aren’t too close together and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
5. Leave them on to cool on a rack for a minimum of 5 minutes and decorate space men and aliens with edible eyes before building your magical display!
1. Make sure to be consistent with the thickness of the biscuits when you roll them out otherwise they may not fit together properly.
2. If the biscuits don’t fit together perfectly, wait for them to cool completely and use a sharp knife to trim the unwanted edges.
These biscuits are great for getting creative with your baking and involving children too! Although our trial indicated that the 3D structures would require help and concentration from an adult, kids would have great fun with the aliens and space men – especially when they can bring them to life with edible eyes! We have a range of different themes too, so if you don’t fancy taking a trip to outer space, why not go on safari with our 3D Safari pack or back in time to meet some 3D dinosaurs?
Let us know if you make any 3D cookies in the comments box below, we would love to see some pictures too!