Last night, the cream of IWOOT’s athletic contingent (the least unhealthy, in other words) took on the formidable might of Thumbs Up, one of our lovely suppliers in a charity football match for Children In Need. It goes without saying that it was a sporting encounter comparable with the big leagues, and a jolly old time was had by all at the Norbury Powerleague Centre.
The most important thing to note is that we won, 11-10, after being 4-1 and 7-2 down at certain points, so it really was a valiant effort from our own little Carlos Valderramas.
Here’s a convenient list of match facts:
- IWOOT’s team was made up of Ben (scored 4), Sergio, Simon, Neil (scored 3), Neil and Paul (also scored 3), with lady support from Melissa,Â Wanessa and Jo.
- One of our goals was an own goal from Thumbs Up. Whoopsie!
- Simon grazed his knee quite badly (see below).
- Ben was awarded a shiny medal for being Man Of The Match.
- Sergio moaned before, during and after the game, and also brought a dressing gown with him for the shower.
- Post-match, everyone went for a slap-up Mexican meal courtesy of Thumbs Up – big thanks to them for being such great sports and giving us such a good game!