Are you struggling to find things to do this Easter holiday? Then do not fear, IWOOT is here! We have teamed up with Suck UK to give you the chance to WIN some fantastic random shaped cookie cutters and edible eyes…what could be more fun then getting messy in the kitchen with the little ones this Easter?
These cookie cutters would make perfect gifts for kids, as well as gifts for her and for him…we don’t all want grow up too soon now do we! To give you some inspiration, we here at the IWOOT office thought we would have a go creating some 3D cookies of our own, what do you think?
We learnt a few things along the way when trying to bake the perfect “edible” 3D cookie, so we thought we would put together simple method for you to follow when making the perfect 3D cookie! First things first, you will need a roll out biscuit dough recipe (for 12-16 biscuits):
Simple Roll Out Biscuit Recipe
200g softened unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
550g plain flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Firstly, preheat your oven to 190c (375F/Gas 5) and line a big baking tray with greaseproof paper
2. Combine the softened butter and sugar together in a bowl
3. Once mixed together well, add the egg and vanilla extract
4. Then comes the hard bit…mix in the flour to create the dough, whilst giving your arms a good work out! The dough shouldn’t be sticky but shouldn’t be cracking either.
5. Then comes the fun bit! Cover a surface and a rolling pin in flour and roll out your dough. If you roll the dough too thick or too thin you will struggle to get the pieces to fit together, so we recommend rolling your dough out to be around 5mm thick.
6. Using your Suck UK cookie cutters, lightly cover them in flour between each cut and carefully cut out your pieces to make your mini edible beasts!
7. Lay your cookie shapes on to your lined tray and pop them on the middle shelf in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until they start to golden.
8. Once cooked, place them on a cooling rack. Once they are cool, you can have fun decorating the individual pieces and piecing them together to create your own Jurassic, space, or safari masterpiece!
How To Enter our Cookie Competition
Feeling excited and creative? Want to be in the chance of winning 12 sets of 3D cookie cutters and 100 edible eyes in time for the Easter holidays?
All you have to do to enter our prize draw is answer the following question in our comment section below.
Please note that this competition is now closed. The Winner was Chantelle Smith! Thank you to all those that took part in our competition. We love competitions, so please be sure to keep an eye out for future opportunities to WIN!
What is the name of this dinosaur?
Standard Terms and Conditions apply.